Learning about Our Community

At Nursery our topic is Our Community. We have been exploring the community of Glendaruel and learning all about our environment, our Neighbours and people connected to  our daily lives while out in our community. We have been exploring occupations in our community and learning about people who help us.
We decided to explore  the next village closest to Glendaruel,  which was Colintraive.

We were very excited to have a day out . Colintraive has lots to explore. We visited the Community Garden and saw lots of flowers. We explored the wooden hut, ate our snack outdoors, found lots of wildlife posters,  saw the exciting waterfalls and searched for tadpoles in the pond.
While walking in the community, we saw the shop, the hotel, the poly tunnel,  bowling green, the hall,the heritage centre, the beach and the ferry.  There was lots to explore.  We will return to spend more time in Colintraive to continue learning about Our Community.

While  covering the topic Our Community we have been learning about

SOC0-16a: By exploring my local community, I have discovered roles people play and how they can help.

SOC0-07a: I explore and discover the interesting features of my local environment to develop an awareness of the world around me.

SOC 0-08a: I explore and appreciate the wonder of nature within different environments and have played a part in caring for the environment.