Links

P1/2 Home Learning 25.05.20

A Very Good Morning P1/2

I trust you all had an excellent weekend despite the rain and wind. My garden is covered in leaves which have been blown off the trees. If you did manage to get out for some exercise I hope you were not blown over. I hope you enjoy today’s learning and I know Ms Young is starting to put her learning onto your Learner’s Journeys but just in case my computing skills are not there yet (we are all learning new skills during these times), I have continued with the blog.

Mrs Wilkes

P1 Learning activities 25.05.20

P2 Learning activities 25.05.20

Welcome Back P1 20.04.20

Good Morning P1

Here’s hoping you have all had as good a holiday as possible during these very unusual times. We have been so lucky with the weather and my garden has never been so tidy!

Unfortunately your learning must go on but I do hope you are taking this opportunity to try and do something new, I will look forward to hearing all your news when we get back to normal.

Have fun with today’s learning .P1 Learning activities 20-4–20

Free Flow in the Nursery

This week the Nursery has introduced full ‘free flow’ play. This means that the nursery children will have access to the nursery garden for the vast majority of their session.

All the indoor activities have been moved into the large playroom to allow the outside area increased supervision. The garden door will be open during all weathers and children will be able to choose whether they learn and play inside or outside.

“There is a growing body of research that shows that young children’s access to nature and outdoor play is positively associated with improved self-esteem, physical health, development of language skills and disposition to learning.” (Davy, 2009 (57))(1)

The children have already been enjoying the greater access to the nursery garden this small change has provided.

We can provide waterproofs for the children on wet days but, to help the smooth running of free flow, parents are being asked to supply their child with a pair of  wellies to be left in nursery and ensure they bring a bag with a change of clothes everyday.

Lastly a reminder that you can check out Westfield Nursery’s learning journey, for the term, on our sway.