Happy Tuesday Everyone,
I hope you are all keeping well and safe.
Today’s story is The Mystery of The Missing Cake by Claudia Boldt.
Bake a cake activity
- 4 oz Sugar
- 4 oz Margarine
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz Self- Raising Flour
- Icing Sugar
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Mixing Spoon/ whisk
- cake pan
- Grease proof paper if your cake pan isn’t a non stick pan
- Piping Bag (optional)
- Butter Knife for spreading icing.
Pre-heat oven to 170 c.
- Weigh out 4 oz of sugar and 4 oz of margarine then add them to the bowl and mix.
- Crack one egg into the bowl and mix together then add the second egg and mix together again.
- Next add your self-raising flour and carefully mix all together until the consistency is nice and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and carefully put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on your cake, once the cake is golden take it out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- Once your cake is cooled :- you can mix icing sugar and margarine until it is a smooth consistency adding in a few drops of Vanilla Essence. or Mix together water and icing sugar until it is a thick consistency.
- Then spread or pipe your icing sugar onto your cake and add your favourite sprinkles.
- Enjoy sharing your yummy cake with your family.
I hope you enjoy today’s activities.