Tuesday 26th May P3 Home Learning

1. Literacy

By the end of this week I’d like you to produce a mini-travel story about you pretending to visit your dream location. In this story I would like you to add some basic phrases (e.g. French or Spanish) that you have learnt in your home learning.

Here is my example (WAGOLL):

Dashing around her bedroom, Miss Hall shoved the last of her holiday clothes into her already bursting suitcase! “Hurry up! You’re always en retard!” shouted Jason Momoa.

Within no time, Miss Hall and Jason were on their way to the airport, anxious that they would catch their flight on time! “Phew! We made it!” said Miss Hall and they boarded the flight, “I told you not to worry!”

After enjoying far too many mini boxes of Pringles Miss Hall and Jason finally landed in Paris. As they stepped off the plane the sights of France hit them. “Bonjour!” said the flight attendant, “il fait chaud aujourd’hui”.

“Ahhhh, oui! replied Miss Hall as she slowly began to remember her GCSE French.

“Wow! Est-ce le tour Eiffel?” exclaimed Jason.

“I think so…allons-y!” smiled Miss Hall and off they rushed to discover one of France’s most beautiful landmarks.

L.I. To identify the key features of the WAGOLL

Can you spot or highlight the following features…

• A variety of sentence openers
  • Speech (remember new speaker=new line)
  • Some basic French phrases
  • Use of a variety of words for ‘said’

Now start to plan out your travel story. Where will you go? What will you do? Who will you go with? Find some useful French or Spanish phrases you can include.

2. Numeracy: Pictograms- click here: pictograms

3, Phonics/ Reading/ Spelling: Complete one activity from the carousel, click here: Spelling phonicsreading carousel

4. Languages: Pick and complete one challenge from the Spanish or French challenge sheet.

Click here:the_great_french_language_challenge

Or here:the_great_spanish_language_challenge (1)