P2/3 Wednesday 20th May – Literacy

Wednesday 20th May 2020

Literacy – creating lists

I hope you all had a lovely long weekend and money week is keeping you busy.  Any work you’d like to share this week can be done through the school blog, twitter pages or by e-mailing the school.

For literacy lessons Wednesday – Friday this week, we will be learning about maths through stories.

Today – Reading Supermarket Zoo and creating lists

Tomorrow – Reading Max and Ruby, Bunny Money and writing a personal story

Friday – Reading Cat in the Hat and writing money facts

Every day – The Daily Draw

Today, listen to Supermarket Zoo by Caryl Hart and Ed Eaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmzigl6L8co

Answer the following questions by telling someone your answers or by writing them down in your jotter/on paper/use the template.

1. How many monkeys, giraffes and parrots does mum and Albie buy at the supermarket?  Add up the total.
  2. If you were Albie, what would you have bought at the supermarket? Why?  (use ‘because’ to explain).
  3. If I were Albie’s mum and I used headings on my shopping list, I’d have monkeys, giraffes, lizards, tortoises, lions and parrots under the ANIMALS heading; and I’d have hay, lion food, vegetables, fruits and nuts under the FOOD heading.
  4. Write a shopping list of things you would like from the shops. Can you write the price for each items (real or made up) and add up your total?

*   Challenge: Can you use headings and sub-headings to group items on your list?  You might         want to use TOYS, FOOD, DRINK, SCHOOL STUFF as headings for your items.

blank shopping lists

Food shop with headings

You can also choose any of the options on the maths grid to complete.  Has anyone played Monopoly or made their own maths games?

General task grid MONEY

The Daily Draw:

Any questions, please just ask!

Thanks, Mrs BP x

2 thoughts on “P2/3 Wednesday 20th May – Literacy

1. Hi Mrs BP I enjoyed my tasks for today. I made a big shopping list of toys 😀😀 it was fun. I need to go to the Family Center on Thursday and Friday because my mum will be at work but I will catch up with my tasks on Sunday 😀😀

2. Post author

Well done, Cameron. I’m sure you’ll manage to catch up. Don’t worry if you can’t make time. Thank you for your hard work!