P1 Home Learning 8th of May

Happy Friday! Well done for another week of home learning. Here is what we would like you to do today.

Literacy:
• Dictation (adult to read sentences for child to write down).
This cat has a nap on top of the bin.
Hens can sit on nests.
The bad cat sits in the bag.

Fairy Tale Friday:
• The Frog Prince

VE Day: Optional activities
Today is the 75th anniversary of victory in Europe during WW2. It is a difficult thing to talk about and explain to little ones so it is entirely up to you if you would like to say anything. I have attached a couple of activities that might be nice to do though. One is to decorate some bunting, it could be for VE Day, celebrating NHS and key workers whatever you would like. The other is to colour in and make their own spitfire. You can print the template out or make your own. I thought some of the kids may have seen Captain Tom’s flyby last week on TV.

VE day bunting

Spitfire

Thank you again for all the amazing hard work that is happening at home. Mrs McKay and I have loved seeing pictures of the kids and reading your messages on the blog. We would also like to say again that we appreciate how difficult it can be to home school and for the kids (and us) to be motivated. Please do not worry if you don’t complete all of the tasks and if some days are harder than others. Every little bit will count.
Hoping you are all well and have a lovely weekend.
Miss Mackay and Mrs McKay
x

4 thoughts on “P1 Home Learning 8th of May

1. Morning all, my wee girl made a paper plane as part of her home learning about VE day. She enjoyed decorating it but had most fun when she had a plane flying contest in the garden with her big brother-it kept her busy for ages and there was lots of laughter too which was an added bonus!

2. Hi Mrs McKay.. hope you’re fine. Daiym is having a good time enjoying his half day of learning today..did dictation and enjoyed the frog story very much…I also have sent you an email as I want to ask about something.please have a look thanks
    Have a lovely weekend x

3. Morning, yes I’ve just seen your message and I think it would be great to share. I’m glad he’s really keen to share his learning and knowledge.

4. Post author

Thank you for all the examples of work you have been sending in this morning. The writing has been fantastic and I am so proud of all the progress you are making. keep it up! Miss Mackay x