Functional Writing, Postcard (part 3 of 3) P2/3

Friday 24th April 2020

Good morning.  Well done to those of you who wrote a reply postcard to me either on paper or in your jotter.  Thank you.

Today we will swap postcards!  I have written a postcard example from one friend to another.  I’d like you to read this then write a reply pretending you are friends.  Use your reply to me to help you.  You can write a comment here, or post pictures of your work on Twitter or e-mail to the school (wluphall-ps@westlothian.org.uk).  Remember, you don’t have to use a real postcard.  A piece of paper will be fine.  Thank you.

2020_4_19_147053_23_46_Postcard Home Learning Week 3 to Julie from Emma

2020_4_19_147053_23_36_Postcard Home Learning Week 3 reply from Julie

Functional Writing – postcard

LI –          to show the purpose of my writing.

SC –        I can include the main features of a postcard.

I can include who the postcard is to and from.

I can include a general statement, at least one fact and a farewell message.

I can respond to a question appropriately.

After swapping postcards today, how do you feel about reading and writing postcards?  Perhaps you could write some postcards to friends or family over the weekend?

EXTRA CHALLENGE:

Royal Mail are asking the nation to show support for your postie by giving them a ‘thumbs up’.This can be in real life (but please keep a 2m distance!).  You can support your local postie with the following free colouring pages:  https://www.royalmail.com/thumbsup

Remember you can pick up lunches from Kirkhill PS.  I’ll also be posting on Twitter.  Any questions, please just ask!

Love, Mrs BP x