Heriot Watt Robotics Mascot Competition

Primary 1 recently submitted entries for the above competition – we talked about robots and learned about a robot from the National Museum of Scotland which can spell names!

We have had a lovely email from one of the organisers of the competition. We didn’t manage to produce a winner but clearly the boys and girls in Primary 1 have impressed the judges with their ideas so well done to all of you.

Here is the email from Dr Wicks:

Dear Pamela,

Thanks for all your wonderful entries to the Heriot-Watt Year of Robotics Mascot Competition. The quality of entries was amazing, and our judges had a really hard time deciding who was the winner. In fact, we have ended up with 1 winner, 2 age-group winners, and 18 runners up, from over 1100 entries!

One of our judge’s feedback was ‘First of all: what a tough choice! I mean that genuinely. When the criteria is not just based on functionality, but also originality and imagination and effort/enthusiasm ~ there were so many golden choices and candidates within each category. There’s so many I’d like to mention but it wouldn’t be practical to do so, so do make sure all these children know that they’ve produced some really excellent work!’

We have some other opportunities later on in the year for the children to learn more about robotics, and get involved in our activities. If you think this is something that will be of interest, please let me know and I will get back in touch once activities are confirmed.

Thanks again for being part of the competition.

Best wishes
Laura