P5…Kings of Scotland

This week we all applied for the job “King Of Scotland”!  We used our learning from our Social Studies topic Wallace and Bruce and linked it with our Literacy work in which we developed the Life Skill of filling out an application form.  On the application we had to state our reasons why we wanted to be King…

“…it would be an Honour” (by Aiden)

“…I would be free to do whatever I want and care for my people” (by Reece)

“…a brilliant opportunity for me to listen to other people’s ideas.” (by Emily)

We also had to say what qualities we have for this role…

“…I have courage” (by Mia St)

“…I am loyal” (by Alistair)

“…I have strong opinions about my country” (by Neave)

As you can see the children had some amazing ideas and Mrs Docherty and Mr McCann, who worked with the children on this lesson, both commented on how focused and hard working they all were.  Mr McCann gave everyone a Dojo point!

In Maths we have continued to work on our CLIC sessions.  Through these sessions we have been working on counting up in 25s, which we were all very good at, so we uplevelled this to counting in 2.5s.  We all agreed it was “nothing new” and we really enjoyed the satisfaction of being able to do this.  We are continuing to work on our links between division and multiplication. Keep practising those times tables to improve speed of recall.  Here is the link to the TopMarks interactive games which can help with revision.

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/multiplication-and-division

On Thursday the children were introduced to function machines, if you would like to learn more and practise it try this link,

http://www.iboard.co.uk/iwb/Function-Machine-603

If you try either of these web links you can always post a blog reply to say how you got on.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Currie

2 thoughts on “P5…Kings of Scotland”

1. Your application forms sounds impressive. I’d find it hard to choose!!

Lots of great words jumping out at me about your learning this week: life skills, nothing new, up level and hard work.These are all so important to successful learners and it sounds like you are all displaying positive attitudes to your learning at the moment.

It’s great to see links for continuing the learning at home too. If you do try them out, let us know below!

2. Hi Mrs Currie I really enjoyed writing the king story. I thought my story was ok . But I think Reece`s story was good . The Whole class heard it when Mr McCann was in because Mrs Docherty Read it to us.