Back with a bang for P4!!!

P4 have been working so hard to make sure our show is fantastic. A lot of work and commitment has gone into learning our lines, the songs and our positions on stage. It is coming along nicely and we are very excited to perform for you all.

In Writing this week we wrote letters to Father Paul to invite him to come and see our show. We really hope he can fit us in to his very busy schedule because we think he will really love it.

We used this week to secure our knowledge of multiplication in maths. We are feeling confident that we can multiply a 2-digit number by 1 digit (with carrying). We have also been learning the 8 and 9 times tables. Brandon shared a trick for the 9 times table with us.

Brandon: “When you are doing the 9 times table the tens column goes up 1 and the unit column goes down 1 e.g. 9×2 =18 9×3=27 9×4=36”

Chi Chi: “I know another trick for the 9 times table. If you add the ten and the unit together, they make 9. E.g. 9x 5= 45  4+5= 9”

This has been a very special week in P4 because we have started the Sacramental preperation for making our Confirmation. We have been talking about our names and how unique they are to us. Some of us found out the meaning of our name. It was very interesting.

Chloe: “My name means ‘green shoot’ (blooming)”

Isla: “My name is named after the Isle of Islay”

Ethan: “My name means ‘strong'”

We have been reading stories from the bible where Jesus and Mary were touched by the Holy Spirit. We have learned that the Holy Spirit can appear as fire, a dove and wind.

Another week of exciting learning for us all.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mrs Wassell and P4

3 thoughts on “Back with a bang for P4!!!”

1. It is a very busy time for you in primary 4 with sacramental preparation and your schow. I cannot wait to see your show as I know that you have been working very hard at home and school to make sure it is a success which I am sure it will be!

What great ways to help you remember your times tables!! I hope some of you are using these little helpful hints!

Miss Smyth

2. We are very excited for the up and coming show. What weve seen at home so far looks fantastic and it all sounds very good fun. Ive even been taught that ive been singing our national verses in the wrong order oops. Cannot wait to see the full show!