P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 22.05.20

Self-Assessment

We are going to use our Growth mindset this week to help us self-assess our learning.

If you are ‘stuck’ or need help, remember the importance of the word YET!

“I can’t do this…yet!”

This means we never give up and keep trying!  Watch this Sesame Street video about “The Power Of Yet”.

The skill we were working on was editing. Have a look at the story below with the mistakes corrected.  Also I have added my ending.

One day I was in my Grandma’s garden playing.  My Grandma has a little wood at the bottom of her garden and I am not allowed to go in there.  Today I broke the rule and I went in it.  Behind some very thick bushes I could see a very old door.  I slowly turned the handle of the door and opened it.  I could not believe my eyes. I could see a small beautiful wild garden.  In the middle of the garden there was a huge strong tree.  Hanging from one of the branches was an old wooden swing.  I love swings so I tested it for strength and once I was sure I would not break I played all day on it.  It was such a magical day.

Have a look at the worksheet below for the estimates of where the numbers would be on the number line, how close were your estimates?

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 22.05.20”

1. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Remember if you want to get in touch or send me any examples of work next week you can find my contact details at the top of the weekly grid.

Mrs Currie