P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 22.05.20

Good morning everyone!

This week we will continue to use our growth mindset as we self-assess our activities for this week.

This video will explain the positive effects of a growth mindset:

I tried to spell the words at the end of the ‘wh power point presentation’. Have a look at how I got on; did I spell all the words correctly?

whel

whip

wiz

wen

whihc

where

What questions did you think of to ask some characters in the Gruffalo? I picked 2 questions for the mouse and 2 for the Gruffalo.

This week you had to find half of 4, 6, 8 and 10.

Have a look at the towers I made to find half. Can you check to see if you got these problems correct?

Number Talks

How did you get on with your number talks this week? How did you see the 10 frame? I counted in 2’s, 2, 4, 6, 8 and then I saw that there were 2 missing and I know that if a 10 frame is full there would be 10 spots, so I wrote a number story 10 – 2 = 8

For the rekenrek I looked at the 2 different colours, I saw that there were 5 red and 2 white so I wrote an addition story 5 + 2 = 7. Did you do this a different way from me?

Outdoor Learning

How did you do with your Gruffalo hunt? I didn’t manage to find a Gruffalo but I did use my senses to spot some other things. Here is what I found. Have I matched up my findings to the correct senses?

Mrs Conway has asked that we can complete this form.  Click the link below.  Thank you.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 22.05.20”

1. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Remember if you want to get in touch or send me any examples of work next week you can find my contact details at the top of the weekly grid.

Mrs Currie