P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update Thursday 30.04.20

Good morning,

It has been great speaking with you this week, I am so pleased hear that you are all able to access the weekly grid on a Monday. well done.

Here are you links for the week for easy access,

Learning Grid 27th April 2020 P1

What’s the Time Mr Wolf – Worksheet

Booklet Template

RRS Article of the Week P1

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with your number talks this week?

I have been using the link below to create different ways to make 8 on a rekenrek.

https://apps.mathlearningcenter.org/number-rack/

However, I haven’t managed to finish creating 8. Can you look at the pictures below and help me finish my number racks to make 8.

Try playing this listening and talking game with your family.

Good News/Bad News

Someone starts the game by giving some made up good news. E.g. My friend Sam won the lottery. The next person adds to the story with bad news. E.g. But he lost the ticket. Then it goes back to good new again. E.g. It was OK because his dad had the ticket. Continue with the good news/bad news etc. model to create a silly story!

It is important that you listen carefully to what has been said in the story so you can add the next part – have fun!

Use this link below to access a time game or search for the game in your search bar by typing ‘topmarks matching pairs time’. On this game I suggest selecting the 3rd option “analogue to words” and clicking the “o’clock” button. Can you match the times? Good luck!

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=matchingpairstimev3

Mrs Currie