P1 Mrs Davenport Thursday 23.4.20

Good morning everyone.

How are you getting on with your grid so far?

Remember that the sumdog challenge for ‘number words’ finishes at 3pm today. Lots of you have already finished or are close to finishing the challenge – well done!

Learning Grid

In the Health and Wellbeing part of the grid you were asked was to try a new food.  Have you managed to have a go at this?  Sometimes when we try something new for the first time we can be very unsure if we like it or not, it can take trying a food more than three times to know for sure if you like it.

A few years ago I tried mussels for the first time when I was on holiday, I wasn’t sure about them the first time I tasted them but I tried them again and now mussels are a real favourite of mine!

Learning our numbers to 100 is very useful as we use numbers every day in our lives.  Some board games need you to know your numbers.  One example is snakes and ladders.  If you have this game at home challenge someone to play with you.

If you don’t have this game use this link here to download a snakes and ladders board (or you could even try to make your own board – remember it doesn’t need to go all the way to 100 if you cannot fit that in on a page).

Snakes and Ladders Board Game

Have you listened to the story “Christopher Nibble” yet?  Try to use the wordboost words today when you are chatting with people.  Ask someone to help you keep a score of how many times you manage to use one of the boost words.  Can you beat 5? Here is the video link for ‘Christopher Nibble’ if you haven’t managed to listen to it yet. The boost words you are listening for are – deep, imagine, protect, borrow.

Have a lovely day.

One thought on “P1 Mrs Davenport Thursday 23.4.20”

1. Good morning P1, we are missing you all!

I will give your HWB task a go too as I am quite a fussy eater and I don’t always try new things.I’ll let you know how I get on!

Have a good day!