P1 Mrs Davenport Tuesday 21.4.20

Good morning everyone!

I hope your first day back of home learning went well for you.

Home Learning Grid

I had a little go at sorting some of the toys into push and pull, here are some of my ideas:

It is important when you write a lowercase letter j that it hangs below the line.  Look at this image showing both the capital and lowercase j.  In your jotter you can also try writing the capital letter J.  Some of the months of the year start with a capital J eg January, June, July.

I have set a Sumdog challenge for you to try.  It is called Number Word challenge and it focuses on the learning the words that go with each number up to twenty, for example,

9 is written and spelled as nine

Some of the number words can be sounded out but others are sight words that you need to learn.  The challenge opens today at 9am and closes on Thursday at 3pm.

Good luck.

It was lovely to hear from some of you yesterday, I was working in the St. Ninians hub yesterday so I am looking forward to getting back to you all today.

2 thoughts on “P1 Mrs Davenport Tuesday 21.4.20”

1. Hi Mrs Davenport. I am missing you lots. I have been practicing my hand writing really hard and today mummy and daddy said it’s the best it’s ever been when I was writing my story about my alien friend. I miss school but I am safe and I hope you are too. From Kian.

1. Hello Kian, I am glad you are keeping safe – we all are too. I noticed how neat your handwriting was in the picture you sent me – well done, Kian!