P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 03.04.20

Good morning and happy Friday!  I cannot believe how quickly this week has seemed.  Thank you to everyone who has been in touch this week or have logged onto Sumdog to complete the challenge!  If you have not had a chance to complete the Sumdog challenge it is still live until 3pm today.

Today is about self-assessing; how have you got on with your learning this week?

This week we are using 2 stars and a wish to assess our learning. Some of the tasks you have completed you will be thinking about 2 things you done well with your activity and 1 thing you could have done even better. You can talk about this to someone at home or draw the stars beside the things you done well and a wand for a wish beside the thing you could have done better.

Health and Wellbeing

How did you get on with naming the different body parts? I have attached an image below of different body parts. How many of these body parts did you find and label?

Can you complete the 2 stars and a wish self assessment strategy for this activity.

E.g.

Star – Labelled all the body parts on the face.

Star – I tried to sound out the names of body parts when spelling on my own.

Wish – Think about the body parts that are inside my body.

IDL

How did you get on with your research topic? What do you want to be when you grow up? Write a comment below about what you would like to be. When I was at primary school I wanted to be a teacher! And my dream came true, and so can yours!  Reach for the stars and you can achieve anything.

Can you use the 2 stars and a wish tool to self-assess your writing from this week? Did you spot the mistakes I made in my story this week? I have pointed them out below for you.

1. first get two slices of bread and put butter on one side. I missed a capital letter.
  2. Next grate some chese and put it on the bread I missed a full stop and spelled cheese wrong.
  3. Then carefully cut the sandwich in half.
  4. Finally injoy your cheese sandwich. I spelled enjoy wrong.

I have attached the link for the reading activity for you self-assess your work against.

P1 Reading Activities Week 2 Self Assessment

When completing your number talks for this week did you spot dice pattern of 4 on the rekenrek and the 10 frame? I spotted the dice pattern of 4 and then counted on.

How did you get on using the online rekenrek to complete my number talks? I have given you the answers to my examples from yesterday:

• Use the rekenrek (in link) to create 6. I made 6 by doing a double. What did I do?

I had 3 + 3 = 6. I had 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom. This also looks like the 6 dice pattern.

• Use the rekenrek to create 7. I had 2 at the top, how many on the bottom row to make 7?

I had 5 at the bottom. 2 + 5 = 7.

• Use the rekenrek to create 8. I had 5 at the bottom, how many on the top row to make 8?

I had 3 at the top. 3 + 5 = 8.

Counting in 2’s is another super number talks strategy. On Tuesday, we asked you to have a go at counting in 2’s and completing a counting in 2’s worksheet. I have attached the completed counting in 2’s worksheet to 60. You can use this to self-assess both of the worksheets attached on Tuesday’s blog post. See below:

Counting in 2’s past 60 Self Assessment

How did you get on with completing the pictogram questions this week? I have posted the answers below in the attachment.

Pictogram self assessment

Well done everyone who completed some of these tasks this week, also remember the importance of play and the life skills you can develop from helping out around the house.

Have a lovely weekend everyone,

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 03.04.20”