P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 02.04.20

Good morning everyone, a little bit of a wet start to the day but hopefully it will brighten  up as the day goes.

If it does get sunny this afternoon why not try some shadow drawing,

You can do this outside or if it is too windy or a little wet you can use the sun streaming in a window in the house to create the shadows on the paper.  Try using different types of toys to make the shadow then draw around them, afterwards you can decorate and colour your drawing.

Remember if you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. I will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with the number talks section for this week? I have added a link for the number rack ‘rekenrek’ below.

https://apps.mathlearningcenter.org/number-rack/

I used the rekenrek yesterday and I was wondering if you could try to copy what I made (I’ll only give a few clues though!)

• Use the rekenrek (in link) to create 6. I made 6 by doing a double. What did I do?
  • Use the rekenrek to create 7. I had 2 at the top, how many on the bottom row to make 7?
  • Use the rekenrek to create 8. I had 5 at the bottom, how many on the top row to make 8?

This is a listening and talking activity today. Today at 12 noon, Blair Drummond Safari Park will be doing a live keeper talk on Facebook. Ask an adult to find this for you. Listen to what the keeper is telling you about the animal. If you have a question, you can ask an adult to type your question into the comments section and the keeper might answer it for you.

When the talk is finished you might want to draw a picture of the animal you learned about in your jotter – you might even wish to write some facts you learned.

I will be listening too – I can’t wait to hear if some of your questions are answered!

I know how much you loved the Sumdog challenge last week so I decided to set you another challenge this week. I was so impressed with how many of you completed the challenge from last week and some of your scores were very impressive!

Log into your sumdog account (login details were in your home learning jotter), I have set you a measure challenge to complete.

Good luck!

Mrs Currie

5 thoughts on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update 02.04.20”

1. Lucy has worked very hard so far this week! We have sent a photo of Lucy’s rocket to the school Twitter account. Today she has made a card for someone in our local care homes – part of the Mini Vinnies challenge and has written about the job of a police officer. We are having fancy dress Thursday- Lucy has dressed up as a gymnast today! Thank you Mrs Currie for the updates!

2. Wow you have worked so hard Lucy. I can also see you have been on Sumdog too. Well done. I’ll go to twitter and check out your rocket. You are a very thoughtful and caring girl and this is shown through your participation in the Mini Vinnies challenge.
    Keep up the amazing work and keep in touch.
    Mrs Currie

1. Hi Mrs Currie Kevin has been missing you loads❤️ What challenge has been set for Sumdog? He’s been doing Cosmic kids, we listened to the story Who flung dung and he remembers all the boost words and their meanings already! This afternoon we are going to make his rocket and some cards and pictures to send to our local nursing home. He has also learnt how to play bowling on the Wii very competitive with his sister. Hope you are doing well take care xx

1. Hello Kevin, I’m so glad to hear from you.
        There should be a Sumdog Measure challenge for you.
        If for some reason you cannot find it please don’t worry just go on and play some of your numeracy games and earn coins. Have you used your coins to buy anything for your Sumdog house yet?
        You are working so hard, well done! I loved your story from last week that I saw on twitter.
        Take care and keep in touch,
        Mrs Currie

3. Another ‘school day’ is nearly over.
    If any of you are having problems with some of the websites asking for Flash to allow the programme to run you need to go to the settings on your device and click allow for Flash. Sometimes you can access your settings by pressing the little padlock next to where you type a web address and this can let you access it, every device is slightly different. Hopefully everyone manages to get on.
    Have a lovely evening and I will speak to you all tomorrow.