P1 Mrs Davenport Daily Activities 2.4.20

Good morning,

I hope you are all getting on well with the weekly grid this week. I also hope that you have enjoyed going outside to play in the garden (in your something fun section of the grid). I was very pleased that it wasn’t raining much this week and I was able to go outside playing in my garden with my dogs too – we even spotted a little hedgehog!

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with the number talks section for this week? I have added a link for the number rack ‘rekenrek’ below.

https://apps.mathlearningcenter.org/number-rack/

I used the rekenrek yesterday and I was wondering if you could try to copy what I made (I’ll only give a few clues though!)

• Use the rekenrek (in link) to create 6. I made 6 by doing a double. What did I do?
  • Use the rekenrek to create 7. I had 2 at the top, how many on the bottom row to make 7?
  • Use the rekenrek to create 8. I had 5 at the bottom, how many on the top row to make 8?

This is a listening and talking activity today. Today at 12 noon, Blair Drummond Safari Park will be doing a live keeper talk on Facebook. Ask an adult to find this for you. Listen to what the keeper is telling you about the animal. If you have a question, you can ask an adult to type your question into the comments section and the keeper might answer it for you.

When the talk is finished you might want to draw a picture of the animal you learned about in your jotter – you might even wish to write some facts you learned.

I will be listening too – I can’t wait to hear if some of your questions are answered!

I know how much you loved the Sumdog challenge last week so I decided to set you another challenge this week. I was so impressed with how many of you completed the challenge from last week and some of your scores were very impressive!

Log into your sumdog account (login details were in your home learning jotter), I have set you a challenge to complete.

The challenge is called ‘Measure Challenge’ and it should come up when you log in. We had been learning about measure in January and this challenge will consolidate and extend your learning about this topic. The challenge will begin at 9am today and will finish at 3pm tomorrow. I am going to be logging in to sumdog to play along with you and see how you are getting on this afternoon.

Good luck!

One thought on “P1 Mrs Davenport Daily Activities 2.4.20”

1. Hi Mrs Davenport

I worked out you would have to use double 3 to make 6 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom

You would need to use 5 on the bottom to make the 7

And you would need to use 3 on top to make 8

I loved watching the Meerkats but I didn’t get a shout out with my question this time around. I am doing my picture and facts this afternoon.

Kian