Primary 6 Weekly News

This week has been a very different week for all of us. We have continued with our learning but we have also tried to focus on being positive and happy over the next few weeks to come.

Learning Overview:

Numeracy and Maths:

We have been learning about finding percentages, calculating time intervals, looking at timetables and solving mysteries.

Literacy:

We have continued with our discussion writing and we have had a discussion about the issue of school closure as part of our Listening and Talking.

Health and Wellbeing:

We have worked on a School ‘Happy News’ Newspaper to help stay happy. This involved news stories, both in school and worldwide, puzzles, recipes, inspirational quotes and pictures.

Pupil voice:

Angel: We were up levelling our Writing, using our plans to write a perfect discussion.

Brooke: I liked writing about my ‘Wierd Day’ by explaining how I have felt today and through the week.

Emily: Yesterday we all worked hard producing and researching different pieces of information to go into our St. Ninian’s Primary School Happy News Paper.

Daniel: We went around the whole school interviewing people to discover their happy news.

Jack: It was nice to hear everyone’s kind and happy thoughts.

Orla: I enjoyed Maths because we had to solve the mystery of the Putrid Pumpkin Poisoner. We had fun working in pairs or trios to do this.

Kate: I enjoyed working with Orla in Maths being detectives, even though some of it was quite hard, it was fun.

Sophie YM: During our Maths, we learnt the useful rhyme to help us remember the number of days in each month:

30 days hath September, April, June and November,

All the rest have 31,except February alone,

Which has 28 days clear and 29 each leap year.

Sophie R: I had fun working in teams in Maths because we had to work together to solve all the different clues.

Calvin: I enjoyed playing basketball in P.E. because it was fun and we played with the P6/7s.

Carly: In Art we made a 3D paper sculpture of a face and we had to make different designs using many different paper folding techniques such as folding, crimping, curling and cutting.

Maliha: We all visited the nursery this week to meet our buddies. We all loved it even those of us who weren’t able to meet our buddies. We enjoyed playing with them.

Sophie D: I made a PowerPoint which contained lots of positive quotes for the class to make us all feel happy. I really enjoyed making this for everyone.

Home Learning:

Remember to look after each other and keep washing your hands! Learning and Teaching will continue on TEAMs from next week.

Enjoy the weekend and hopefully we will all see each other again very soon!

Mrs Reeves and P6

One thought on “Primary 6 Weekly News”

1. I was very impressed this week at your 3D art work, even Mrs Reeves was having a go! Great skills being used by everyone.
    It was lovely to see everyone spreading positivity and supporting one another.