P1 Weekly Update

Our Learning

This week we have been learning the ‘ch’ sound. This is quite a tricky sound as it is similar to the ‘sh’ sound. We have been participating in lots of activities to determine the difference between these sounds. We will continue to focus on the differences with the sh and ch sounds next week, therefore, no new sounds will be in the sounds folders.

Thank you to all who came along to our castle banquet on Wednesday. The children had been working very hard to prepare their snacks; sing their song and practise reading their lines. We enjoyed slicing, mixing, spreading and serving all the snacks we created.

The castle banquet was definitely a highlight of the week. Have a look at our comments below!

Pupil Voice

Grace: I liked that my mummy and auntie Lisa were at the castle banquet.

Lucy: I liked sharing my snacks with my mummy and little sister.

Chloe: I liked making the crispy cakes for the banquet.

Sophie F: I liked talking into the microphone because it was loud and everybody could hear me.

Kian: I liked the pointing actions in the song.

We are very excited to start our new topic of Space too:

Zaki: I’m looking forward to learning about the planets and the sun.

Carly: I liked planning our new topic of Space. I want to learn about the International Space Station.

Parental Involvement

One of our rainbow learning activities was this game:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/mental-maths-train

We also enjoyed watching these videos to help us understand the difference between the sh and ch sounds.

Have a lovely weekend,

Mrs Davenport and P1.

2 thoughts on “P1 Weekly Update”

1. Just loved coming along the the Castle Banquet this week. Loved seeing how hard you have all worked this topic! You all Done super well to provide a lovely Snack for us lucky parents too. Thank you!

2. Thank you P1 for inviting the parents to your Castle Banquet. Your snacks were definitely fit for kings and queens! We could see how much hard work you have been putting into this topic by the beautiful artwork that you had on display.
    I’m looking forward to hearing about your next topic Space! I’m sure it’ll be out of this world 🌍