Primary 3 Weekly News

Learning Overview

We have started our new topic on the Vikings and have worked together to create some exciting learning plans!

We finished our Science topic by writing reports on Alexander Fleming and did a great job self-assessing our work.  Capital letters have been the focus of our handwriting lessons and we’re trying hard to keep our letters neat.

In numeracy we have begun to explore multiplication by multiplying using skip counting and in maths we have investigated measure through weighing a range of objects.

Pupil Voice

Mark – I liked planning our Viking topic.  I really want to learn about the dragons at the front of the Viking ships.  I also enjoyed doing gymnastics in PE.  I liked swinging.

Seren – I liked writing about Alexander Fleming. He was a scientist who discovered penicillin.  We used pink and green highlighters to self-assess our work.

Riley –  I liked coding during Smart Start.  I used digital technology skills.  I also liked skip counting in maths.  We used skip counting to help us multiply.

Home Learning

Keep working on skip counting to 100 at home.  This TopMarks activity is good for developing digital skills whilst the children work on number strategies https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/paint-the-squares .

In maths we have been exploring measure by using scales to weigh objects.  Try following a recipe and weighing ingredients to bake or cook.

In Literacy we are working on writing capital letters.  See how many capital letters you can spot when out and about.  Try painting capital letters, drawing capital letters with chalk, making them with pipe cleaners or beads etc.

In Health and Well-Being we are continuing to develop strategies to help us to build resilience.  We know that everyone encounters a wide range of emotions every day.  We have been thinking about ways to help us cope such as breathe in, breathe out, blowing bubbles, going for a walk and art/ colouring in.  Try some of these activities at home and record your learning in your OneNote profile.

Have a lovely weekend.

From P3, Mrs Caskie and Mrs Keegan

One thought on “Primary 3 Weekly News”