Primary 6 weekly News

Learning Highlights:

This week our main highlight was our ‘Scotland the Brave’ show and we thoroughly enjoyed performing in front of our families this morning. We loved acting, narrating, and singing all the Scottish songs.

We have been revising our knowledge of fractions in Numeracy this week and we have been calculating fractions of a value.

We have started to plan and write explanations and we will be practising this genre over the next couple of weeks.

Pupil Voice:

Calvin: I liked Science and we made paper helicopters.

Kate: I have learnt about different types of energy and I have really enjoyed learning this.

Maya: I learnt that when we held the helicopters up in the air they had potential energy and when we let go it changed to kinetic energy.

Maliha: I enjoyed jumping over the vault in P.E.

Angel: In P.E. we did balances and rolls and we jumped on the vault.

Daniel : I really enjoyed rehearsing for the show.

Michael: I learned how to write an explanation.

Kuba: I learnt how to find fractions of a number.

Home Learning:

We would like to be asked about telling the time on an analogue clock as we will be starting to learn about time next week. We also need to keep practising our times tables.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs Reeves and P6

2 thoughts on “Primary 6 weekly News”

1. What a fantastic performance from you all this morning, I was really moved by your teamwork, enthusiasm and singing. I am sure your families were all very proud of you!

2. Well done everyone for a wonderful performance of the “Scotland the Brave” showcase this morning. What a great way to spend a Friday morning, the delivery of the lines was fantastic and the singing was beautiful Thank you to all the children and staff.

Emily is enjoying the maths this week, she has been teaching me Factors and Prime Numbers.

Have a good weekend.
    Cheryl O’Sullivan