P2/1 Update

Overview Of Learning

This week we were inspired by the Autumn leaves.  We talked about the Autumn colours and used these in pictures and then P2 started to write poetry about the leaves falling from the trees, this will be completed next week.  P1 wrote a sentence describing the leaves using colour or touch adjectives.

In Numeracy P2 have been continuing their work on subtraction and also starting to look at how many more are needed to make an amount.  P1 have continued their focus on addition within 10 by focusing on all the different ways they can make the same amount.

As a class we have also been learning about time, this week we focused on the past side of the clock and the vocabulary “quarter past”.

Most children from P2 have now completed their personal talk in class.  We all learned so much about some of the important jobs people do in our community.  Well done everyone your feedback sheets will be in your home learning jotter next week.

At Home

Practise telling quarter past times.

Highlight the difference between words that begin with f or v and s or z.

When reading at home, once you have read a book try to use three statements to retell the story (beginning, middle and end) in your own words.

Pupil Voice

Khyla – I have completed my numeracy goal (numbers to 100) and I have set myself a new goal (telling the time).

Lewis – I made the boost word scowl out of play dough.

Lucy and Hareem – We earned the golden ticket this week for our writing about Autumn leaves.

Well done everyone,

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P2/1 Update”

1. Time is a tricky topic but such an important skill to master. Well done to the Golden Tickets this week and to Khyla for achieving her goal.