Primary 5 Weekly Update

We have had a busy week in P5.

In PE, we have been continuing to work on our basketball skills to help us when we go to a basketball tournament. We learned some more skills including defending and trying to get better at dribbling the ball and move faster when we have it.

“It was very fun learning how to do basketball more.” – Madison

“We have been trying our best on our basket skills for the tournament.” – Ahmad

In maths, we have been focussing on the value of each digit in big numbers. We have been doing a variety of different activities to help us learn.

“I liked doing the place value game outside where we had to make numbers using markers.” – Alishba

“I liked doing the written task where I had to break the numbers down!” – Filip

“I like getting to ick what activity I wanted to do at any time.” – Alan

We have also been learning bout 3D shapes and looking at their properties.

“I enjoyed building 3D shapes using art straws and playdoh.” – Julia C

As part of our smart start activities we had to send an email to share our favourite colours with someone else in our class.

“I sent my email to Aaron, it was good fun!” – Leo

“I liked having a conversation on my email with Harry and James because I have done t before but not actually had a conversation with everyone on it.” – Wojtek

We had another free writing Friday session where we wrote about dogs, animals, formula 1, haircuts and lots more!

We continued with James and the Giant Peach this week and learned some new vocabulary. Some of these words were: serenely, aghast, pandemonium, frantic and colossal.

In PM writing we have been learning all about ‘Narrative’ texts. We learned that the key features of this type of text are a title, the orientation, the complication and the resolution. It has to be written in the past tense and we tried to include adverbs in our writing to make it more interesting.

“I liked doing PM writing because we wrote a story together as a class which had an orientation, a complication and a resolution all about a Formula 1 race.”

We hope you have a great weekend, P5 and Miss Diamond.

One thought on “Primary 5 Weekly Update”

1. Glad you are all enjoying basketball – a great game to play to keep you fit.
    Well done for emailing during smartstart – what a great idea! You should share this with the other classes.