P2 Update

Primary 2 have had a fantastic week filled with exploring what we can make with junk materials, attending our St. Ninian’s Feast Day mass and going on our first visit to the library.

Some pupil highlights are below:

Scott-I liked playing in the play area outside. It’s so much fun. I played with the lego and built a helicopter.

Mara – Our topic is The Lorax. We drew Truffula Trees and other things to do with the movie and the book on a diagram.

Pati-We did yoga. We sang ‘rawwr’ like lions.

Logan-I liked the kinetic sand in the area and the block launcher.

Joshua-I built a ship out of cardboard.

Cordelle-We were making things outside with cardboard and anything else we can find.

Connor-Writing for Free Writing Friday was good. I wrote about The Lorax. I was trying to copy the story and write some other stuff.

Lucas-Our yoga was a theme park yoga this week. It was a fun fairground yoga.

Lucy-I was making things out of shiny paper in our area.

Emilie-I enjoyed making my shop out of golden paper and cardboard. It’s a gold and shiny shop.

Michelle-We made our brains before and now we can look at them to remind us mistakes are good.

Roma-Mistakes are good. I remember making them in P1 and you get better and better at it.

Liam-I liked writing.  I liked using the Mighty Writer board. It helps you write.

Anna-I liked doing the diagram for The Lorax. I put in mine the tower, the characters and our cinema.

Celine-We made our own Truffula Trees and I like looking at them now they are on our window.

2 thoughts on “P2 Update”

1. I loved looking at your Truffala trees when I was in class on Monday. I enjoyed having a look at all the books you had chosen at the library, we even had time to read one when I popped in at the end of the week.

2. Sounds like a really fun, and varied, week.
    I enjoyed accompanying the class to the library and it was lovely to see all the children loving being there and picking their books.
    Thanks for the meet the family/teacher evening. It was great to see the classroom and all the things that have been put on the walls, especially the truffula trees.