P2 Update

It has been a week of highlights this week in P2.

One of the major standout moments has been our trip to the Owl Centre at Polkemmet park on Wednesday.  The children all really enjoyed their time there and seem to have learned so much.  I have enjoyed listening to their stories and facts and I’m just sorry that I missed the trip due to illness, next time!  However after reading all the stories they have written following this trip I feel as if I was there.  Well done everyone.

This week saw two important dates in our school calendar.  All week it has been Digital Learning Week and also on Wednesday it was National Numeracy Day.  Read on to see how we marked these two occasions.

Digital Learning Week – we used a website based programme called Kahoot and completed an owl quiz using it.  It was such fun because we were in teams (collaborating and using our leadership skills) and each team had a laptop which was linked wirelessly to our class smartboard.  We had to choose an answer to a question using our laptop screen and this automatically registered on the smartboard in class.  We enjoyed it so much we played it twice!  A brilliant way to link our learning across the curriculum and to use technology to support us.

National Numeracy Day – Do you know that we can use our ten fingers to count to 1000?  If you don’t believe us just ask us to show you, we are amazing at counting in 100s!

Have a lovely long weekend.

Mrs Currie