P5D Weekly News

This week, we have been busy in P5D

We have been celebrating St. Andrew’s day and have been learning about his life.

We have been improving our digital literacy skills and learning how to use Word Processing. We had to change font colour, style and size, add a picture from the internet and then had to email our saved document to Miss Diamond.

We have enjoyed helping our school by making facecloth Reindeers to sell at the Christmas Fair. We enjoyed planning this project and learning about successful businesses when we had to think about pricing and profit. We planned adverts in writing and then work collaboratively in groups to create the posers to help advertise and sell our product.

In Maths, we have been learning about decimal numbers and how to multiply them by 10, 100 and 1000. We have had a range of activities to help us with this learning including using digital question cards and written tasks as well as physically using our bodies to make numbers.  We have been recapping on lots of our previous learning using a murder mystery investigation keeping all maths concepts fresh in our brains.

In PE, we have started our preparations for our Christmas party and have started our Scottish Country dancing block.

We had one group working with Mr Turner this week, learning all about plastic pollution and the children were having conversations about the effects of plastic pollution and they then put their ideas into posters.

Well done to Emily from our class and her team in gymnastic who came second in their level 2 group competitions.

Most of us attended the school Christmas Fair and had a great time.

“I liked taking my little cousin Chloe to meet Santa!” – Sophie R

“I liked going to the Christmas Fair because there was lots of things I liked to buy!” – Ola

“I liked taking my sister to meet Santa.” – Michelle

“I enjoyed the Christmas Fair because it was really fun. My favourite bit was designing my own Christmas mug!” – Emily

Have a great weekend, Miss Diamond and P5D!