P6/7 Weekly News

Cool to be kind was the theme of the week and this year’s focus was CHOOSE RESPECT!! Here is how we linked it to our lessons:

Wordboost – We used a powerpoint about ‘Cool to be kind’ to select our BOOST words for the week.

Writing – We were inspired by this poem, ‘If’, to think about friendships and what we would want a friend to do for us. Check out our Twitter page to see our X Factor Poetry Plenary.

Art – We had to represent the word ‘Respect’ visually in any way we chose for an upper area display.

Groupwork – We worked in teams to make posters about what we had learned about the ‘Science of Happiness’. We have been trying out some of the suggestions.

RE – We researched Saints who were great examples of showing kindness and respect to others.

Assembly – The House and Vice Captains from our class were involved in planning, preparing and delivering an assembly about this week’s theme. They did a great job and had a captive audience!

Pupil Voice:

Brooke – I liked doing the poem of friendship as I liked trying to use rhyming words.

Harley  – I liked adding and subtracting decimals this week.

Ambra – We did a friendship poem I liked it but it was challenging.

Lauren – In school this week we have been doing Respect pictures and in PE we have been working on our fitness.

Aria – We did some artwork for the word Respect.

Bea – There was a Sumdog competition and our class came 16th out of all the West Lothian classes who had entered. Matt in our class came 9th overall in West Lothian. Well done Matt!

Teacher voice:

A fantastic week for all in P6/7. It was great to meet so many parents this week to discuss the progress of all the children. I am very proud of them all!!

A special mention to all who participated in the Sumdog challenge for homework – great teamwork and dedication to get on the leaderboard. It was great to also have one of our pupils, Matt, in the top 1o!!!!

Another special mention to Ailie who was nominated for Hot Chocolate Friday as she had prepared so well for her JRSO presentation at assembly.

Finally, I received an email this evening to inform me that Bea and Toni have made it into the top 20 in the West Lothian Name a Gritter competition. I have put details of how to vote for them on the school app and I have also emailed everyone in our class. All the teachers have been posting their votes too for them!!! Good luck girls!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mrs Roy

One thought on “P6/7 Weekly News”