P1D Update

We have had another busy week in P1D. On Thursday we had to look after Ninian the Minion for the day because Mrs Purdie wasn’t in her office and we were worried that he might get lonely. He had a very busy day in our class.

First of all, Ninian had to order his lunch. He wanted the blue tray for his lunch.Image may contain: indoor

During our soft start he was playing in the office.

No automatic alt text available.

He joined in with our circle time and he was very impressed with all of the describing words we were using to describe our dinosaurs. He heard super words like ‘dangerous’ ‘colourful’ ‘spotty’ ‘stripey’ ‘spikey’ ‘lovely’ ‘happy’ ‘nice’.

No automatic alt text available.

Ninian then helped Mara to write her story about a dinosaur using some of the super describing words.

No automatic alt text available.

After we all had finished our writing, Ninian wanted to listen to everyone read their stories to the class. He loved listening to the super describing words in our stories.

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

This week we have been looking at different dot patterns in numeracy and talking about how we can see the dots. You could try this at home too using dots, stickers, grapes etc. Arrange them out in a random order and ask your child how many they can see? Then ask how do you see them? If you lay out 4 dots, they may be laid out with 1 at the top and 3 at the bottom. This game also helps us with this:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/gingerbread-man-game

We have been learning the ‘s’ and ‘p’ sounds this week. Here are the songs we have used to help us enhance our learning of these sounds. S is a blue sound and p is a pink sound. Ask your child why these sounds are these particular colours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiJTZNLvTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlPKm1Hbl8

Next week we will be learning the ‘a’ and ‘t’ sounds. We’ve already had a sneak peak at the songs!

Finally, we would like to share with you our favourite parts of the week.

Carter: I liked PE and playing the big ball game and we were in groups and we had to try and score a goal at the bench and the game was over.

Rojin: I liked yoga

Lucas: I liked PE and playing tig

Anna: I liked listening to stories

Roma: I liked making dinosaurs and then a video

Amelia: I liked PE and playing tig

Freya: I liked playing turtle tig

Shea: I liked writing my story

Michelle: I liked learning new sounds

Pati: I liked learning the ‘p’ sound.

Logan: I liked PE

Luke: I liked playing outside

Scott: I liked playing in the office with the telephone

Celine:  I liked writing and playing in the office

Layla: I liked playing outside

Mara: I liked playing with cars

Jane: I liked playing

Olivier: I liked playing outside

Igor: I liked playing outside

Paul: I liked playing on the smart board

Have a lovely weekend.

4 thoughts on “P1D Update”

1. P1D ..what a great read, your blog sounds like you’ve all had a very busy and interesting week. I love looking at all your own comments about your week….all very personal and unique , just like you all…!!.
    If I was going to add anything to your blog it would be…
    Mrs Beattie said….I have had a very busy week, but made all the more special because all of P 1D came to visit and play in the nursery, it was so great to see you all and see just how much you’ve all grown and are really enjoying school. You all were so respectful , and were responsible using and playing with the nursery resources…. But you all made sure that you played and had fun with your nursery friends, who are so very fond of you.
    Keep up this amazing blog and keep working hard and most of all learning in a play ,fun way.!!!!
    See you all again very soon please!!. XX
    Mrs Beatrice xx

2. Thanks for such a detailed blog. I heard all about visiting nursery and dinosaur videos and pe and Ninian and letter songs. The highlight at home was definitely getting his own homework jotter. Transition clearly worked as P1D seem to be up and running. Thank you.

3. Thank you the update. Roma had another great week in P1D.
    She loved getting her homework on Monday – long May that continue!
    We enjoy listening to the songs and practising all the sounds.