Primary 3

Hola!

Wow – what a week in Primary 3!

Health & Wellbeing

We are working really hard to remember our special St Ninian’s message – Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe which is central to our Class Charter.  Our aim is for this simple but powerful language to be part and parcel of our everyday ethos. Well done Primary 3 for making a fantastic start!

Interdisciplinary Learning

We have loved using Flat Stanley as one of our contexts for learning.

“In Writing, we wrote letters to someone in our family telling them all about Flat Stanley .” – Ephraim. Watch out for these letters arriving in the post soon as Primary 3 will be posting them to you!

Next week, Primary 3 will be writing a newspaper report on the museum burglars from the story and how Flat Stanley saved the day. On Monday we will be discussing as a class the  layout of a newspaper and the purpose of a newspaper report. A great preparation  would be perhaps talking with your child about this beforehand as this can help their contribution to the discussion.

Primary 3 loved the part of the story where Flat Stanley disguised himself as Bo Peep. Just like Flat Stanley they  disguised themselves to see what it was like.

Lucy – ‘I had a mask and a summer hat on, it was fun!”

Dawid – “I was dressed as a skeleton and I had a mask on too!”

Stefan – “I was dressed up as a firefighter. I had a firefighter helmet on. It was very weird!”

Klaudia – ‘I had a firefighter hat and a police outfit. I had glasses on that made me dizzy!”

Dexter – “I was a skeleton and I was wearing a summer hat for some reason.”

Adam – “I wore a red and blue scarf!”

Primary 3 also learned about some of the machines that a letter goes through on its journey to its destination.”

“One of them is called IMP and it takes a picture of the address so it can read the post code!” – Kerr.

“The Sorter Balls sort the letters that are too fat from the ones that are flat.” – Esmee

During Number Talks we have been talking about the strategies we use to help us work out which number is halfway between. We also met Odd Todd and Even Steven for the first time to help us with odd and even numbers.  We will be consolidating our understanding of addition within 20. We know this is really important as these will form our building blocks for manipulating larger numbers.

This interactive Number Facts activity is helpful for extra reinforcement.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/number-facts/number-fact-families

“I love my new reading book” – Leigha.

Word Boost & Handwriting– we have loved our Word Boost Story this week, it was called ‘Six Dinner Sid’s Highland Adventure’.  Primary 3 have been so receptive to the story and all of the associated activities to extend their vocabulary. Words for this week have been agile, require, dare, swoop, defend and appetite. We have been practicing how to form certain letters using an appropriate size and trying especially to stay on the line.

Spanish

Mrs Scott was very impressed with how many Spanish Greetings Primary 3 could remember! We will be working on developing confidence at using them with each other.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, from Primary 3.

Adios!

Mrs Scott & Mrs Conway

One thought on “Primary 3”

1. Another busy week in P3! We will look at newspaper layouts and articles with James to help prepare him for this week’s work. He might even be able to spot some of last weeks boost words!