Super learning in Primary 3

Primary 3 have had a fantastic week filled with lots of learning. We thoroughly enjoyed our roots of empathy this week because baby Hana came into the class. We got to explore her likes/dislikes and asked many questions about what baby Hana could do. Many of the answers were ‘Not Yet’. We look forward to seeing her develop over the year. We also had a special visitor today. Mrs McGonigal came to do some listening games with us. She was very impressed with how well we can listen. We played some super games.

Here are some highlights of our week;

Poppy – We have been learning new spelling patterns. I learned ‘ee’ spelling pattern this week. I like using the pebbles to practise my words.

Julia – In PE this week we were doing cooperation games. My favourite game this week was chain tig.

Ryan – For writing this week we wrote our own imaginative chapter for the owl who was afraid of the dark. My chapter was called ‘Dark is Awesome’.

James – In maths this week we were comparing numbers using greater than, less than and equal to. I enjoyed the video to help me learn this.

Matthew – This week I have been a lead learner. I got to lead the talking books and I could put forward names to get class dojos for working hard.

Chloe – This week I have also been a lead learner. I have felt very responsible. I have enjoyed it.

Ahmad – I have enjoyed learning about 3 digit numbers this week and can give the number before and after a number. E.g. 100 – the number before 100 is 99 and the number is 101.

Kayden – This week we had a special visitor – baby Hana. She is our roots of empathy baby. She was very happy coming to our class.

Angelina – Baby Hana can make little noises and she likes to smile. We lay her on her tummy to see if she liked it and she did.

Vanessa – This week in RE we were comparing Father Kenneth to the Good Shepherd. They both are kind, they make us feel welcome and always forgive us.

Have a great weekend

Mrs W and P3

One thought on “Super learning in Primary 3”

1. I am so sorry to have missed Hana’s visit! I can’t wait to meet our lovely new school baby. 🙂
    I enjoyed reading your reflections boys and girls. It’s been a great week!