P4/5 Weekly News!

It has been a very busy first full week back in P4/5.  The class are all working well as a team and are enjoying learning together.   Highlights this week in our learning include learning our special prayer to St Ninian.  Using our novel Gangsta Granny by David Walliams, we have been exploring character feelings.

In Maths we have been looking at the importance of place value and we all had the chance to take part in a range of carousel activities to help us get more confident at sequencing numbers accurately.

We enjoyed Father Kenneth and Father Matthew speaking to us about what going to school is like in Malawi.   We would like to fundraise to help Father Matthew with his work and maybe write to some children in Father Matthew’s School.

Mark – I was sad when I heard that children in Malawi have classes with more than 100 pupils in them with only 1 teacher.   They also sit on rocks and don’t have chairs and desks.

Hannah –   I am enjoying reading Gangsta Granny and completing the activities that go with it.

Emily – I loved Maths this week and I am more confident with forward and backward numbers.

Evie –   I was shocked to learn that children in Malawi need to use rocks to help them count while we have lots of different things to use.

Ethan –  I loved taking part in handball this week in PE.

Aaron – I enjoyed playing buzz and shazam with Mrs Purdie on Friday.

Aoife –  We are excited that we will be researching the country of Spain for our new topic and we discussed what we would like to find out about Spain with Mrs Smith.

2 thoughts on “P4/5 Weekly News!”

1. I’m also enjoying reading Gangsta Granny as Sophie and I have been listening to the audio book in the evenings on her tablet. What a great idea about fundraising for Malawi and writing letters.

2. Excellent week. It sounds like you are all off to a good start of the year. Delighted to hear that Emily is enjoying Maths. long may it continue. I must read Gangsta Granny, both my girls Erin now Emily have both read it.