Welcome to P1M

The fantastic children of P1M have had a super first week of school filled with fun and laughter.

Here are some of our highlights:

This week we have been getting to grips with our classroom routines. We have now mastered changing between our indoor and outdoor shoes really quickly and getting our coats off first thing in the morning. When we come into school there are always different activities for us to take part in straight away. The favourite ‘soft start’ task of this week was the construction, we have some fantastic builders and engineers in the making in P1M!

In numeracy this week we have working on numbers within 10. We have been learning how to form these numbers correctly using little rhymes to help us.

2 “half a heart says ‘I love you’, add a line, now I’ve made the number 2”

3 “around the tree, around the tree, now I’ve made the number 3”

4 “down and across and down once more, now I’ve made the number 4”

If you are practising writing your numbers at home, these rhymes will help you. What number do you think we will be learning about on Monday?

We have been forming our numbers using lots of fun ways, writing in our number formation booklet, using the glitter trays and using play-doh too. These are some other ideas for you to try out at home too.

We listened to the story ‘Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs’ this week and decided that this would be a very fun topic for our first ever topic at school. After listening to the story we thought about what different activities we would like to take part in based on this topic. Miss Meechan was very pleased with some of our ideas and we have displayed this on our ‘Harry and the Dinosaurs’ wall just outside our classroom. We took part in a dinosaur themed ‘structured play’ session after listening to this story. This was lots of fun!

We visited the morning nursery class to let our old friends know how we were getting on. We can’t wait to visit the afternoon class next week and speak to our old friends there too!

And of course, the favourite activity of the week had to be golden time! We can’t wait for golden time again next week. During golden time we get to play with our friends in P1B!

All the children are looking forward to full days next week and having their lunch in the lunch hall.

See you on Monday, have a lovely weekend.

Miss Meechan and P1M

One thought on “Welcome to P1M”

1. Wow!!! What brilliant first week you all have had. I was so very pleased to see all of you on Friday and you all were so smart in your uniforms. But the best thing was to see you all so happy and relaxed, and full of smiles when you saw all your nursery friends. I am looking forward to reading your very interesting and busy blog every week to see what other exciting things you will all be learning about. Happy days ahead I think primary 1M😁x