P4 Weekly News!

This week has been a busy and boiling week in P4! The weather was roasting, not that we are complaining!!

In PE, we have been doing the high jump. Our Class champions were Aleksander for the boys who managed to jump 1m15 and Aoife for the girls who managed to jump 1m10! How impressive is that!?

In maths, we have been learning about AM and PM and 24 hour time. This has been pretty tricky to get the hang of but we are making good progress.

‘I have learned that you don’t use AM or PM when working with 24 hour time.’ Evie

‘I found time tricky in the beginning but I now think learning time is fun!’ Ailie

‘I found time really fun at first and am coping well with what I have learned.’ Jacob

In writing this week, we made posters about the causes of endangerment to try to persuade and make people more aware of the impact it is having on the environment.

In topic, we have been using Microsoft word to make fact files about different endangered species. We had to include information, 1 picture and use different fonts. We then painted pictures of our chosen animal to go with the fact files.

We celebrated the Feast of the Ascension yesterday at a mass with the whole school and enjoyed having the opportunity to perform a song that we learned at the confirmation retreat.

Have a great weekend, P4 and Miss Diamond :)!