P4 Weekly News!

We have had a busy week in Primary 4!

In maths this week, we have still been working on time but looking at the link between analogue and digital time and trying to work out durations. Time is a tricky concept for us to learn!

“I am feeling more confident about time and I tried to teach my little brother how it works this morning!” – Jan

“I can read analogue and digital clocks now!” – Batshewa

In PE, Mr Robinson taught us all about the triple jump. This is when you have to sequence a hop, a skip then a jump and travel as far as you possibly can.

“I enjoyed trying to beat my partners distance” – Evie

In writing, we wrote a letter that we hope to send to the parent council to share what we have been learning about endangered animals and global warming to raise awareness.

In topic, we have been researching endangered animals using different websites to find out about habitats, diet and the causes of endangerment. We are going to use what we have found out to create fact files for the different animals.

We had a visitor in school this week called Patricia. She held a special retreat in preparation for making our confirmations this Sunday. We learned songs, wrote prayers and drew pictures whilst reflecting on our Faith journey.

The children who are making their Confirmation on Sunday are really looking forward to it and have worked hard preparing for this special day.

Have a great weekend,  P4 and Miss Diamond J!

4 thoughts on “P4 Weekly News!”

1. What a great week and lovely to see all the work and activities you have done this week P4, well done!

2. Sounds like a busy week. Brilliant that you managed to get out in the sun! Best wishes to all making their Confirmation on Sunday.

3. Sounds like a super week. Your new topic sounds really interesting, this links in well with our discussions about global goals as climate action is goal number 13. Good luck on Sunday, I’ll keep you all in my prayers.