Primary 5 Weekly News

Primary 5 have had a fabulous week! The highlight has to be our trip to the New Lanark Visitor Centre as part of our Highland Clearances topic. We spent the whole day learning how people of New Lanark lived back in the time of Robert Owen. We learned many interesting facts and had lots of fun. Here are our comments:

Charlie: On our school trip we went to an old school room.

Lucas: We went on our school trip and we went to Robert Owen’s house.

Brandon:  On our school trip we went on a ride that was called the Annie Mcleod ride – it was really fun!

Rebecca: On our school trip we went to an old mill and our tour guide told us to look, listen and smell.

Taylor: On our school trip we visited an old school. We were able to dress up in old fashioned clothes and we got to write on mini blackboards and we had a small lead to write with!

Grace: The Annie Mcleod experience was my favourite thing!

Rachel M: On our trip to New Lanark, we saw the cotton machines.

Lorena: On our school trip we went on a Annie Mcleod ride it was dark and exciting!!!

Toni: In PE we went out into the field and had girls and boys races and a competition.

Thomas: In P.E. we raced each other on the field!!

Preston: The races were really fun!

Beth: We took part in relay races in PE. I came 2nd out of the girls. I’m so proud of myself!!

Vanessa: For P.E on Thursday we went outside and we ran the 800 metres and the 60 metres. We split into groups and the boys who were in the top 3 were:

1st Ethan, 2nd Matt, 3rd Thomas

The girls were:

1st Chi Chi, 2nd Vanessa, 3rd Paige

Mixed races:

1st Vanessa, 2nd Chi Chi, 3rd Ethan

I enjoyed coming first over all – BEST P.E. EVER!!!!!

Louise: On Tuesday we were doing the standing broad jump in P.E. and there were 3 in a group. One was the marker, one was the judge and the other was the jumper. We all switched places and I enjoyed the jumper the most.

Kerrigan: Today at assembly we watched and enjoyed the primary 2/3 assembly. It was about the Egypt. Primary 2/3 were very good and they sang two songs. Afterwards Mrs Purdie told us all about fairness.

Chi Chi: This week on Friday, we were told that fairness isn’t about giving every child the same thing; it’s about giving every child what they need to succeed.

Bea: This week in maths we were learning about measure. It was fun. We were in carousels and did fun activities.

Isla: In writing we wrote a report about our school trip to New Lanark.

Have a great weekend!

Primary 5 and Mrs Reeves