P4/5 Weekly News

Abi “This week in maths we have been doing time. We revised months, seasons and how to use a calendar. We learned minutes past and minutes to the hour in 5 minutes.”

Aria “We continued with our new topic, endangered animals. We explored world climates and how these affected the animals. I learned that we live in a temperate climate because we have seasons and lots of different weather.”

Louise “In writing this week we wrote a letter to WWF to ask some questions about the endangered animals they look after. We had to use paragraphs in our letter.”

Lukasz “This week in PE we have been learning about shotput. I know that you need to keep your front leg straight; your back leg bent and hold the shotput close into your neck. You then push the shotput up into the air.”

Finlay “Also this week in PE we learned about the standing broad jump. Krystian got the furthest for the boy and Marcella got the furthest for the girls.”

Charlie “In reading this week we were exploring vocabulary that created atmosphere and setting. I enjoyed working with my group for this task.”

Oliwia “We worked on our task maps for our reading books. I had to read for clues to help me answer the ‘Infer what’s not there’ question.”

Daniel “We did some outdoor learning this week. We worked in pairs and had to use our senses to find something beginning with every letter in the alphabet. We were having great fun until hailstones fell.”

Joshua “For Sacraments this week we looked at 2 stories. We learned about Jesus’ Triumphant entry into Jerusalem and the Last Supper. We can make links with these stories to the mass.”

Have a lovely long weekend

Mrs W and P4/5