P4 News Round!

We have thoroughly enjoyed using our outdoor environment to enhance our learning this week. In maths, we have been learning all about different types of angles. We can recognise right, acute, obtuse, straight and even reflex angles now. We went out into the garden to find angles in the environment, took photos then edited the photos to show which angles were which before collating them in a ‘pic collage’!

We then went a walk to the woods to gather sticks which we made shapes and objects from. Our shapes or objects had to show different angles. We used markers to identify which type of angle was which.

When we were at the woods, we spotted a squirrel eating a nut up a tree. This caused great excitement!

In writing this week, we used the outdoor environment as the stimulus for our story setting. We had to use our senses to help us explore. Some of our stories were set in a mystical/ magical garden that was bright and colourful, whereas others were set in a spirit field that was dark and gloomy!

In art, we stuck with the Spring/ Outdoor theme and created a daffodil picture using warm and cool colours. We chose daffodils as we spotted lots of them when exploring.

We are continuing on our Faith journey and were learning all about The Passover in RE this week.

We have been introduced to our new topic, Endangered Animals and worked together with Miss Diamond to plan what we would like to cover and learn during this topic.

“I enjoyed learning about angles this week although it was quite hard!” – Aoife

“I liked making angle shapes using the sticks from the woods!” – Ambra

“I liked using the outdoor environment to help make a setting for my story!” – Ailie

“I liked drawing the daffodil in art!” – Brooke

We hope you have a great weekend,

P4 and Miss Diamond :)!

4 thoughts on “P4 News Round!”

1. Well done P4. I love how you explored and developed your knowledge of angles by using the outdoors. Your lovely daffodil pictures using cold and warn colours will make a fantastic spring -time display. I look forward to seeing it.

2. My goodness dream team, how do you fit all of that into one short week? Looks like you all had a super week learning and having fun at the same time! Well done! 👍