P4/5 Highlights of the week

Harley “In PE this week we have been learning all about football. We have been practising our football skills and playing 5-a-side games.”

Lewis “This week we have taken some quiet time to relax and to forget all our worries.”

Aria “We listened to some people who talked to us and asked us to breathe in and out. We had to close our eyes and imagine we were in a hot air balloon, a butterfly landed on us and we were in a treehouse.”

Oliwia “The mindfulness meditation helps me to relax after a busy lunchtime.”

Mirren “In music we learned a song about Vikings. We used instruments to show the beat of the song.”

Finlay “We also listened to 3 pieces of music related to the Vikings. We discussed how music creates mood. In one of the pieces of music I thought a Viking had just been killed and his men were going to get revenge. This was a powerful piece of music.”

Lukasz “One of the pieces of music made me think of Vikings were on a longship and it just crashed because of the stormy weather.”

Louise “In IDL this week we learned all about the Viking Gods.”

Harley “We learned that the Vikings believed Odin created the world, Thor created thunder when we was having a tantrum, Loki was a joker and Freya made sure there was sun and rain to grow the crops”

Charlie “In writing, we wrote a Viking Saga about the Gods. In my Viking Saga, Odin and Thor had a war because people invade Asgard.”

Caiden “In maths we have been learning about division using the standard method with 3 digit numbers. I use numicon to help me.”

Have a super weekend

Mrs W and P4/5