Primary 2/3 Weekly News

It has been a short but really busy week in Primary 2/3. Our highlights included celebrating Catholic Education Week by creating recipes for our Community of Faith and making jelly then writing instructions to help others make jelly too.  Everyone loved the Daily Mile today as we saw lots of signs that spring is coming.

These are some of the children’s thoughts:

Maeve ‘We made jelly as part of our Anniversary celebrations.  We wrote instructions for how to make jelly then we ate the jelly.  It was very tasty!’

Harry ‘Yesterday we had a maths carousel.  I was learning how to subtract by playing Sumdog, using the iPads, playing games and figuring out tricky sums.’

Rachel ‘I liked writing instructions for how to make jelly.  I was thinking about using openers and connectives.’

Brooke ‘We had a lovely assembly with Father Kenneth and he told us all about his visit to Jerusalem and where Jesus was born’.

Chloe, Carly and Brooke ‘I liked setting goals for the rest of the term.  It helps me to remember to focus my learning.’

Levente ‘I liked playing Hit the Button with Kuba in maths’.

Kuba ‘I liked writing a recipe for a Community of Faith.  We wrote instructions and I’m good at instructions. ‘

Oma ‘We did check ups in maths.  It helps us learn.’

Michelle ‘We learnt about the River Nile in our Egyptians topic.  We made notes in our Learning Journals and made signs for the wall.’

Pawel ‘I liked running the Daily Mile when I was running fast’.

James ‘I wrote my name in hieroglyphics.  I felt really happy.’

Have a lovely weekend.

From Mrs Keegan, Mrs Howley and Primary 2/3

2 thoughts on “Primary 2/3 Weekly News”

1. I heard all about the jelly! The children were so excited to tell me about it. I’m just a little bit disappointed I didn’t get invited to taste it too!!!

You all worked so hard on your Catholic Education Week recipes. They were wonderful. 🙂
    I’ve enjoyed reading all the things you like about your learning and seeing your positive attitudes to school.
    Keep it up!

2. The boys were so excited to tell me all about their jelly making and learning to cook next term, I’ve told them they are making dinners soon ha ha!

Both boys love playing sumdog and have loved learning about Egypt the past few weeks.