Happy New Year from Primary 2/3!

Happy New Year to everyone.  It has been a short but busy week in Primary 2/3 and we’re all excited to be back at school and making plans for our learning this term.

Some of our highlights have been:

Matthew ‘I liked solving addition problems in our maths carousel and recording my answers on a whiteboard.  It was fun.’

Maeve ‘I was excited to start our new topic about Ancient Egypt.  I liked watching the video clip and it gave us ideas to plan our topic.’

img_2137 img_2138 img_2139 img_2140 img_2141 img_2142 img_2144 img_2145 img_2147

Annayah ‘I liked when Miss Smythe came to visit and talked about communicating.’

Oma ‘I liked thinking about our school vision yesterday.  We coloured in Jesus and talked about how we can grow in the image and likeness of Christ.’

img_2150

Maya ‘I liked working on my addition skills and using my addition to make a winter picture of a snowman.’

Brooke ‘We finished reading ‘The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me’ and I liked designing a new book cover for it.’

Kuba ‘I liked  Big Writing when we wrote about the Christmas holidays. We tried hard to spell common words correctly. Our friend Terence came to visit and we had candles on the tables.’

Calvin ‘I like our new topic and I’ve been learning facts already.’

Chloe ‘I liked our ‘Happy New Year activity’ when we looked back to 2016 and looked forward to 2017.’

img_2116 img_2117 img_2119 img_2120 img_2121 img_2156

Rachel ‘I liked doing our number talks because everyone does the sum in different ways.’

Michelle ‘I liked when we planned our Ancient Egypt topic on posters.  It was exciting when we came up with new ideas but it was sometimes tricky to work together.’

img_2151 img_2152 img_2153 img_2154 img_2155

Alishba, Dominic, Carly and Zuzanna ‘I liked PE when we were doing forward rolls, pencil rolls and rocking rolls.’

Harry ‘I liked doing lots of rolls in PE.’

James ‘I liked doing backwards rolls on the mats in PE.’

Next week our focus for writing on Thursday is the story of Jack and the Beanstalk.  If possible, could you either read this story to your child, discuss it with them or watch the story online  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VCpAYajmvo

This will be a huge benefit to the children when writing.

What a great start to 2017!  We hope that you have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Howley, Mrs Keegan and Primary 2/3