P7 Weekly News!

This week in Primary 7 we have been learning more about our topic, America. Read on for more information!

Eve Mac – We learned how to draw a caricature by focusing on one feature and exaggerating it and we decided to draw wither Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump. We will be putting these on a wall display next week when everyone has finished and we will include a photo of this in next week’s blog so make sure you check back next week!

Rachael – We have been learning about Time in maths and did lots of activities relating to converting between 12 and 24 hour time.

Natasha – Within Time we have also been looking at real life links and used the Scotrail website and other types of timetables to work on our interpreting skills and the life skills involved in using timetables.

Nikki – On Thursday we linked our PE lesson with our maths lessons. We all had to run 3 laps of the perimeter of the school building and someone timed us. We were working on making sure we were using the stopwatches accurately.

Freya – Today we had our P7 assembly. We did this on America and we have had fun preparing it. We hope everyone enjoyed it and thanks again to parents who came along!

Joshua – On Wednesday 8 of our boys from P7 and P6/7 represented our school in Cross Country. The boys all ran extremely well and we are all very proud of them!

Charlie – In writing we wrote about 3 things we would do if we were elected as American president! Make sure you read these the next time you get a chance to see our jotters as our ideas were really good.

Matthew – Today was Friendship Friday so a lot of us came to school in the happy colour, yellow. It was nice to think about friendship today and have this as part of our assembly as well as helping charity by donating £1.

Have a great weekend!

2 thoughts on “P7 Weekly News!”

1. I really enjoyed meeting with some of the P7 pupils this week to discuss their learning. I was so impressed with their maturity and confidence. It was great to see how enthusiastic they are about what they are doing, they were particularly excited about their IDL topic and the race to be president in America. Keep up the good work!

2. Well done primary 7 for getting the class assemblies off to a flying start, I really liked how you intact end with your audience, you are all really starting to live up to being in primary 7 and I can see how responsible and mature you are all becoming.
    You have had a busy week and lots of learning taking place in lots of different areas across the school. I wish I had realised you were looking at timetables, you could sort out a train from London to Edinburgh for me next week! Have a great weekend Miss Smyth 😀