Awesome Primary 3

Another fabulous week in Awesome Primary 3.  We have been so busy this week and have been learning lots of different things.

This week we learned all about Forces.

Katie learned that a Force moves something.  Emily added that it can twist something.  Ola and Sophie YM also remembered that it can push or pull something to move it too.  At the Funfair, forces make the rides operate and move.

I was very delighted to see everyone so eager to learn all about the scientific workings of the Funfair.  Totally awesome!

This week in Maths we have been extending our knowledge of Place Value.  A big thumbs up from everyone to show that they understand this much better now.

img_0344

On Monday I will stick the Sumdog passwords into the diaries and the children can explore this at home.  It’s a fabulous website to help extend understanding of the maths topics.

Art

In Art this week the children were creating pictures of Funfair Tents using paints.

Jack really enjoyed this activity and learned to use the paint brush with better control.  Sophie R liked using the lovely bright colours.

This week in writing we created our own job adverts to advertise jobs for the Funfair.  Cameron really liked learning about the different jobs.

Have a wonderful weekend from Awesome Primary 3 and Mrs McMullen.  Looking forward to next week 🙂

6 thoughts on “Awesome Primary 3”

1. What a super topic – I loved the clown pictures you have all made for display, they are so colourful and bright! Sophie is really enjoying this topic as she enjoys going to the funfair and trying out all the rides.

2. Primary 3 I can tell you are really enjoying your funfair topic, I was lucky enough to read some of your letter writing today, telling me all about the different things you did, especially yours Bartosz when you said the swings went too high and you didn’t feel very well, I think this might happen to me too!
    I’m delighted to see that everyone’s thumbs are up with your learning on place value, this really can be tricky but I know you’re getting there with it.
    Keep up the great work, Miss Smyth 😀

3. Michael and Richard are really enjoying this topic. I would love to see their job adverts, sounds interesting!
    They are also enjoying sumdog at home!