P2/3 Weekly News

Another fantastic week for Primary 2/3.    Our highlights included celebrating European Day of Languages and making flags from other countries.

In maths, we’ve been improving our addition skills.  Our favourite activities included playing matching games and using apps on the iPads to consolidate our learning.

image  image

image image

In health and well-being we did our Smart Start to Cosmic Kids .  Click the link if you would like to try it at home – we all had great fun.

Our Planet Earth, Sun and Moon topic involved lots of learning about the weather this week.  We found out how rain is created and annotated diagrams showing the water cycle.

image image image image

image

This led us to learning phrases for different types of weather in Spanish and we’re looking forward to making Spanish weather wheels next week.   One of our favourite Spanish games is on the BBC website – you can try it at home.  Linked to our topic, we’re loving listening to the story of Plop, the Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark.

Primary 2/3 fitness is improving every day and everyone is going further and faster each week.  We find that it really helps us to concentrate on our learning.

image image

Have a good weekend!

Mrs Keegan, Mrs Howley and Primary 2/3

2 thoughts on “P2/3 Weekly News”

1. I loved visiting your classroom this week boys and girls. You were so proud to share your learning with me and I could tell how excited you were to do your science experiment in the rain!!
    I am learning Spanish too but I don’t know the weather words in Spanish. Maybe you could teach me – por favor?!
    Adios.

1. Dear Mrs Purdie, would you like to come and visit our class so that we can all teach you some Spanish weather phrases? Adios! from Primary 2/3