P7/6 get into the swing of it!

This week P7/6 had a taster course of golf.  As you can see from these photos it was everyone’s cup of tee.  img_10901img_10891img_11001

We wood have loved it to be series of lessons as everyone was really enjoying learning these new skills.  The children learned how to putt and chip the ball.  Jessica said, “we had to try and chip the ball into the basketball hoop”.  Even I had a go but I was well below par with my shot.  Harburn Golf Club gave out leaflets about further opportunities available to the children during the October Holiday to try and encourage and drive forward this traditional sport.

The P7 children this week attended a local Athletics Festival.  Jack said “we did javelin, running as well as other things.  We did a relay race and our team won!”  Well done P7!

The postman had a busy day at St Ninian’s as he delivered American pen pal letters for everyone in P7/6.  Aaron said “we got a letter from an American kid”, Aurora said “we have learned a lot about the USA and we wrote back to a pen friend”.  The children were given the task of writing a letter back.  The children are noticing the improvement in their letter writing skills due to the series of lessons on this, Oskar received a Dojo acknowledgement message home as a result of his amazing effort this week!  Well done, P7/6 letter writing is an important skill for life!

We have continued to use our Maths Glass Wall in class to support our learning.

img_11071

This week it focused on helping us with finding the perimeter and area of a rectangle.  If you would like further explanation of these concepts try this video presentation,

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry/hs-geo-foundations/hs-geo-area/v/perimeter-and-area-basics

Next week we will be continuing with finding the area of composite shapes and triangles.  P7 will also look at the order of operations using the BODMAS rule (you can reply back if you know what this stands for…you will get an extra dojo point!) and P6 will be learning more strategies for written and mental multiplication.

Have a lovely weekend,

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P7/6 get into the swing of it!”

1. Good shot Mrs Currie! 😉

Mrs Burchill, Parent Helper at the Athletics Festival, told me today how fantastic the P7s were at the Athletics Festival. Very proud of you all.

Delighted to hear about life skills continuing to be a focus. I’d love to read some of your letters, can I pop in next week please?