Primary 5 Weekly News

On the European Day of Languages we all took part in a language carousel and played Bingo, Hangman, a European quiz and we also searched to find the word ‘friend’ in many different languages.

european-day-of-languages-008 european-day-of-languages-022 european-day-of-languages-023 european-day-of-languages-027 european-day-of-languages-028

Rebecca: This week we started to make Egyptian masks.

Brandon: We have been writing about Egyptian tombs – it was fun!

Matt: This week we started to make Power Points about Egyptian facts to show the rest of the class.

Toni: This week in P.E. we did half-court matches which was fun!

Bea: We started a new topic in maths about shape. We learnt about a cuboid, a prism, a square-based pyramid and a tetrahedron.

Maxx: Our drama was based on our Egypt topic.

Beth: In our drama we had to pretend we were stuck in a pyramid and it was lots of fun.

Taylor: We learned all about mummification and we painted a mask that looked like a golden pharaoh.

Vanessa: We did some Science with Mrs Currie and we learnt that if you mix water with salt, the water evaporates and the salt gets left behind.

Kalin: I am looking forward to starting our new shape topic in maths.

Have a great weekend from Primary 5 and Mrs Reeves

4 thoughts on “Primary 5 Weekly News”

1. I really enjoyed doing Science this week and also working on our talking books. It was also fun to celebrate my birthday at school with my friends. By Taylor Quinn 🎂

2. Great to see one of our school values (friendship) as part of a languages lesson. Maybe we could display some of your words on our new displays in the main hall?

I am loving your new maths working wall. It’s great to see the thinking behind the correct answers. Does it help you?

It sounds like your new topic has captured your interest. I look forward to hear more about it next week when I visit your class.