What is your guesstimate?

We have had a different week in P1D as we had to vacate our classroom for the nrsery boys and girls to use it for transition! We were mainly based in the school hub and loved being on the big chairs! We all stayed very focussed and learned lots of new things!

In maths we have been learning about estimation and measure! Some of us found it very tricky when trying have a guess as we didn’t want to get it wrong but by the end of the week we were brilliant at it!

In literacy we have been doing end of term assessments on all of the sounds we have learned during P1! We have been practising word building and spelling our tricky words too. In Reading we have been reading about minibeasts! We loved the story about ‘Superworm’. One of our favourite ativities was reading the descriptin of a minibeast and finding the matchig picture! We wrote stories about minibeasts and had to give clues about who we were, can you guess what Lennon wrote about… ‘I have colourful wings and I am beautiful. I fly from flower to flower. What am I?’

In PE we had some extra practise at running using the track in preperation for sports day but have also been learning how to play rounders! This was a real challenge last week but this week we were fab at it! Team work makes the dream work in P1D!

Have a great weekend, Miss Diamond and P1D!