A week full of emotion in P1D!

This week we have been looking at our feelings and emotions in P1D and how we are all unique. We have had lots of great discussions about what affects the way we feel and how we can recognise if someone is down. One of the highlights was using ‘mood music’ and trying to decide how it made us feel. We then used the music to make a feelings wheel in art using colour and line! You will see these on display at parents night. Miss Diamond was very impressed with our efforts.

In maths we have been counting objects and looking at different spot patterns to help with our numbers to 20. We have been sharing our ‘thinking skills’ with one another to given each other new ideas. Julia said ‘I counted 3 and 3 because I know that’s 6 and added 2 more on to make 8’.

In literacy we have been learning the ‘ng’ sound! This is a tricky one but we were able to read it, write it and build words using this sound! Are you impressed?

We enjoyed having the nursery in our class this week as part of the transition program. We love being able to help them and show them how much we have learned since starting Primary 1! They were all super stars!

Have a great weekend :)!

One thought on “A week full of emotion in P1D!”

1. What interesting work you have been doing on your feelings. I love that you have been experiencing a wide range of music to see how that affects your mood, I’m so glad you shared this with our school blog community, perhaps you could try this at home when completing homework to see how it helps!
    Great work!!

Miss Smyth x