Primary 3/4 News!

This week has been a busy and super technologies week.

“Technologies week is the best week ever” said Mark.

“It has been really fun and awesome.” said Brooke

“It has been really really exciting.” said Ailie

On Wednesday we enjoyed our trip to West Lothian College to visit the Engineering and Science department. During this trip we had a tour of the workshop. We got to see lots of different people working to build walls, stairs, and really cool machines to cut metal.

“I liked seeing all the big machines” said EvieIMG_0322[1]

IMG_0330[1]

Finally we got to have a peek at the electricians hard at work. “My favourite was the electricians.” said Caiden. After our grand tour we had a chance to build our own machines.

“My team built an alarm with a horn and lights. This was tricky to build but we got in the end.” said Hannah.

“I built the siren it was really complicated even for the people helping but we got it in the end. It was fun!” said Aoife

“I built a car. It was kind of tricky because the wires were hard to put in the tiny holes.” said Adrin

Thank you WesIMG_0373[1]t Lothian College for a great trip.

Yesterday we had a visitor from Scotch Beef. During this visit we had a look at the different symbols for meat and what they mean.

“The symbols meant the animals never went out of Scotland.” said Mark

“This also meant that the animals have had a very happy life.” Said Gaby

The lady was teaching us all about the vitimans that meat can give you and how this helps your body.

“The meat can give strength, helps your blood cells, it can help with your bones and it can heal your cuts and give you extra energy.” said Jan

“We had a chance to make beef faijtas. They tasted like beef and vegetable. I didn’t really but I gave it a try.” said Joesph

“The faijtas tasted like heaven!” said Rachel

Have a lovely long weekend!

Primary 3/4 and Mrs Kerr 🙂

IMG_0404[1]IMG_0417[1]

3 thoughts on “Primary 3/4 News!”

1. Well aren’t you a lucky class getting a visit to the engineering department at West Lothian Colleg. I could tell you had a great time by the smiles on your faces when you returned! The visitor from Quality Meat Scotland was raving about you, she said she had a great day, it certainly smelled great in the middle area with all the cooking you were doing!

Have a lovely wee break.

Miss S😀

2. Thank you for a fantastic week – the technology theme was a great idea and the children got a lot out of all the different experiences over the week. I know Aoife enjoyed the trip to the College building things in the Engineering Dept and we are going to try making beef fajitas at home. Thank you to everyone who made this week happen, it must have taken a lot of work to pull it together – as a parent I really appreciate all you are doing for our children.