Primary 6/7 Weekly News

As part of Technology week, Primary 6/7 have been having great fun, setting up as small teams of engineers.  We have all taken part in a project to build and test ‘Robokid’ vehicles. The robots were designed by Scottish engineers at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh.

First we built our robots…..

Technology 001 Technology 002 Technology 003 Technology 004

Then we used our problem solving skills to ensure they were all wired correctly.

Technology 013

Then we learnt to use the robot and control it through a cable controller….

Technology 009 Technology 010 Technology 011 Technology 012

And finally it was time for our driving competition!

Technology 055 Technology 060 Technology 066 Technology 073 Technology 074 Technology 076

We also had a fabulous time yesterday with a visit from Jenny from Quality Meat Scotland. We learnt all about the importance of buying Scottish meat and we discussed healthy foods. After that we helped prepare, cook and eat some fajitas which were delicious!

Technology 090 Technology 091 Technology 094 Technology 095 Technology 098 Technology 107

Enjoy the long weekend!

Primary 6/7 and Mrs Reeves

2 thoughts on “Primary 6/7 Weekly News”

1. Well children I just love this blog post. You’ve really engaged with technologies week, this is just so lovely to see. I enjoyed coming along to see your robot races and how excited Charlie and Dallas were about being in the winning team!! Jenny from quality meat Scotland said that you were just a fantastic end to her day particularly helping her with all the leftovers, I still can’t believe you didn’t bring me along to help out!!

Miss S😀

2. I think p6/7 had a great week! I heard lots & lots about the robots! and Jenny from quality meat Scotland managed to get Aimee to try something that she wouldnt try for me and she liked it!!! In fact, she’s going to make the fajitas for us this weekend! 👍😊